Saturday 13 March 2021

Clean that drop pod, cadet!

A while back I bought four second hand drop pods. They were a bargain, which was just as well, because I really didn't need four drop pods - two would have done. Consequently, this one has lurked on my shelf for a while without a home. It now has a home... except it doesn't. You see, I couldn't decide what faction to paint it as, so I painted it as no faction. It's a generic space marine drop pod that can be used by anyone. This means it will actually see some tabletop use if I randomly decide to include a drop pod in an army on game day! Hooray! Everyone wins! 

I decided to make it look really damaged, so it looks as if whatever iconography that was on it is now lurking under years of grime. Martin, whose work you've seen here before, said I painted impressively fast, and this motivated me to see how fast I could paint the drop pod. Once it was sprayed black, the rest took me about 4-5 hours of work, with a bit of work on some other models at the same time (such as when the washes were drying). Not bad, I reckon! I even had a stab at hazard stripes! Enjoy the pictures.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...