Saturday 29 April 2023

Tree? I am no tree.

Today's model is the wonderful Ent who helps Merry and Pippin escape the Uruk-Hai, Treebeard.

Whilst the majority of the minis in my Middle Earth collection are the ones my friend gave me, I decided that each army needed a centrepiece model. I already have the Balrog for the side of Evil, but nothing for the Free Peoples. Hence Treebeard! It was really refreshing to be painting a model that is entirely natural surfaces like bark and leaves. I tried to use a few different colours layered up on the bark so the model has some depth. I then added a different coloured highlight on his face and beard so it stood out a little.

I painted Merry and Pippin separately and had to stick them to cocktail sticks to hold them because they are so tiny! I did my best to bring out the details on the Hobbits, but they are so small that it was very difficult. In the end, the model looks very cool and I reckon he will look excellent on the battlefield, towering over the enemy Orcs!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...