Saturday 12 January 2019

Imperial Knight Titan

Ta-da! A ta-da seemed appropriate for this glorious model! A while after completing my first Knight, I started longing to build another one. I looked around for parts to upgrade this Knight and make it a bit special, before finding some really nice Adeptus Custodes themed parts on Shapeways. I bought the head and pauldrons and added these to a basic Knight kit that I bought from eBay. I put a lot of effort into getting the gold smooth, because normally my metallics do not come out too smooth. I think I managed it pretty well. The pauldrons were sprayed black and then red, to create the fade, and this is the first time I've used a spray in this manner. It came out well, but I had to be super careful of damaging the paint, because I couldn't just touch up the paint with a brush! 

Enjoy the images! This Knight will be taking to battlefields across the Galaxy very soon! 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...