Saturday 30 January 2021

A monstrous servant of Khorne

Oh my... has this taken a long time! For someone who paints so fast, painting this Kytan has been an incredibly slow process! The earliest picture I can find of this is from December 2017, where the model was partly built: that means this has taken three years to finish! Now, before you think I painted it very slowly, let me say that it for most of that time, it sat on the shelf unpainted while I worked on other models. Only recently did I actually start painting it. Still, three years is definitely a record for a finished model of mine. 

I converted the Kytan somewhat, mounting a cannon on the shoulder, changing the faceplate, and, most strikingly, adding the Imperial Knight gauntlet that holds a doomed Ultramarine. Or is it the Kytan that is doomed? 

The model is painted in the colour scheme of the Hounds of Abaddon. I decided I wanted to paint it with less red than my Lord of Skulls, partly because I've painted a lot of red in my life, and partly to provide a bit of variety among the Chaos horde I have assembled.

 



Here it is with the other Hounds of Abaddon models: a squad of Berzerkers, a Warpsmith and a winged Chaos Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...