Saturday 21 January 2023

Journey into Middle Earth

 Some time ago, someone gave me lots of Middle Earth miniatures. Lots of them. Not being one to turn down free miniatures, I graciously accepted them, and then... they sat in a box for a long time!

Well, currently filled with motivation and energy, I have made a start of fixing them up and painting them. Some needed stripping of paint, some needed small repairs (such as straightening bent spears or replacing missing swords), and some actually need to be built. There are lots of heroes (there are four Aragorns!) and lots of Men of Gondor, some Elves, some Uruk Hai, and Orks. Oh, and Sauron and a Balrog!

The plan is to create two balanced armies and put them in a box, ready to play games with whomever of my geeky group of friends fancies a romp through the Pelennor Fields. I'm only going to use the minis I have, except for the occasional addition to even up the sides or fill out a unit (e.g. I have just bought Treebeard, so the Free Peoples have a centrepiece model).

Previously I showed you a couple of models: Aragorn and Denethor, but now I am going to be showing you a lot more!

The next completed models were the Elves shown below. I painted them in a muted palette, mixing each colour with Eshin Grey so that they all had this subdued, greyish hue to them, which is sort of how the Elves of Rivendell appear to me in the films. There are a few more Elves that I will paint after after I try my hand at something else! I also painted my first Legolas. I think I have three Legolases, so expect to see his pretty face again!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...