Saturday 14 January 2023

The Bloody-Handed God

As soon as the new Avatar of Khaine was released, I knew I had to have one! I've never been really into the Eldar, though recently I have been reading more and understanding them better, and they're actually quite fascinating. Though I was never an Eldar fan, I always liked the Avatar of Khaine models, and the being they represented. You may already have seen my older Avatar,  and now I have added the new one to my collection. I decided to keep the Avatar in the same style as the old one, head-wise, rather than use one of the newer designs, though I decided to go with the spear rather than the sword, just because the spear looked cool and seemed to balance the pose of the model more. 

This model is really easy to build. Thanks to whoever did the slicing: this thing was a pleasure to put together. The colour scheme arose because I am planning a Harlequins force that belong to The Midnight Sorrow masque. However, I will be modifying their colour scheme to have a bit more blue in it. Thus the Avatar, with blue skin and blue flames, will fit in nicely with those Harlequins. I experimented with some other colours too, such as the reddish hues of the plume and the blue-grey of the tabard. These will probably be carried over to the Harlequins. I will be able to recreate them too, because I have just started making notes of colour schemes in a little notebook. I wish I'd done that years ago, instead of vainly staring at models, trying to decipher if the paint on the model is Mordian blue or Ultramarines blue!

Enjoy the Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...