Saturday 28 December 2019

A special diorama - Predator tank!

Today's post is rather special, as it is my first complete diorama! I made this for my girlfriend for Christmas because, although they are not a Warhammer player, they are very much interested in tanks and have started to become interested in 40k since we started going out. 

I chose the Liberators because my girlfriend is very much into dark colours such as black and purple. The Liberators also have a cool icon, a hawk's head, which I wanted to challenge myself to paint freehand. It came out fairly well.

The diorama shows a predator tank attacking a group of Chaos cultists; one of whom has been run over by the tank and has lost an arm. In that arm is... is that a bomb? Has the bomb been triggered? Is the tank going to survive?


The rear hatch is covered in designs I copied from patches on my girlfriend's denim jacket. 


I quite enjoy painting mechanicum icons and painting heat marks on gun barrels. This model has both!



A few other views:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...