Saturday 20 June 2020

A Psyker from Vrayax

I have been making slow progress on The Wings of Vrayax, including constructing a couple of squads and waiting for some models to arrive in the post, but I have now finished my Primaris Psyker, Mariya Lynn. She comes from the Raging Heroes range of models, where you can choose metal or resin for each model. I chose metal, because HEFTY!

Quite a tricky model to paint, really, because it's hard to tell what's what when you have lots of flowing fabric and segmented armour and clothing. I had to refer to the stock image quite a lot. Her skirt is quite experimental: I wanted it to look like slightly pinkish white, and without much to guide me, I did my best to get the right choice of shades.

There's a small attempt at object sourced lighting (OSL) on her staff too,  but quite subtly. I tend to think of my models as being outside in daylight, so I tend not to think that OSL would come into play very much.





An extra bonus model this week: another space marine captain! Continuing my series of captains from different chapters, this one, Sherus, is from the Fire Lords. I just fancied trying to paint some new colours, and the red is a richer, warmer red than I normally use (on Khorne models, for example), and of course bright yellow! Oh, and I'd already painted the sword green, and wanted the armour to contrast with the sword. Yes, the sword. That was an practice for a larger model (coming soon), and it worked so well that I left it there! I painted it as a grey power sword and then applied Hexwraith Flame to it. That's a great paint - try it!



3 comments:

  1. Looking good sir! I tracked you down from Dakka, bwahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the models, although you made an error... not everyone who plays 40k is a man!

      Delete

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...