Saturday 16 May 2020

More junk terrain!

This week is a little more terrain made from junk. I'm really getting into this - it's so much fun! Turning something that would otherwise be thrown away into a piece of terrain is very rewarding. The large piece is made from two beer cans, two pieces of foamboard, a Warhammer ladder and a piece of rusty metal grill. The piece of grill has a serendipitous story. I cut a hole in the foamboard top piece, with the intention of placing some grill there, but I didn't think I had any grill. Then, while I was spraying the piece in the garden, I saw a piece of rusted grill on the floor. I had no idea where it had come from, but clearly I'd left it in the garden at some point! It was perfect, because, being rusty already, I didn't need to paint it! I just glued it on after painting the model. The model really didn't take long to paint, and to be honest, that's the idea of terrain like this. It's almost free, you build it quickly and paint it quickly, and then use it. If one day, it breaks or it gets gradually damaged over time, you don't mind, because it involved little cost or effort. Of course, I have much more expensive and intricate terrain pieces, but it's nice to have these cheap and easy ones too!





This piece is made from a torch and a part from the Lord of Skulls. The right hand structure is the inside of the torch! Small and easy to paint, it should be a nice little addition to the overall look of a battlefield.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...