Saturday 23 May 2020

An army of the ages

Today I revisit an old army. I'm making some videos to showcase my various armies, which you can see on my YouTube channel: CLICK HERE. While doing so, I've been taking photos of the armies, where I don't already have good photos of the army.

The Champions of Plufestea started many years ago, with some classic Chaos Space Marines and some cultists from Dark Vengeance. I created all the squads, most of the characters and the large land raider conversion, The Disilluminator, at the time of creation of the army. Some of the other models were added later, such as the Soulgrinder, the Exalted Sorcerer and the Daemon Prince, much more recently. The Lord of Change is an old model, acquired in about 2000, but I rebuilt and repainted it roughly a couple of years ago.




These are classic metal Chaos Raptors. The only conversion is on the Champion, who has a two-handed metal axe. I bought several of these axes back when you could order individual bits from Games Workshop. I have no idea what it's from, but it provided an interesting challenge to line up the hands that were on on the axe with the ends of the model's arms. I did a surprisingly good job, considering this was probably eight years ago!


This is a 'tactical' squad with close combat weapon and pistol loadout (and a flamer), who ride in the Disilluminator (counts as Land Raider) with Lord Kellus. You can see Lord Kellus standing on the dais of the Disilluminator.


This is the havoc squad, featuring many classic metal havocs and plastic space marines.


The Disilluminator is Lord Kellus's  personal transport and is one of the zaniest conversions I've ever done! Sawing a Land Raider in two places was quite a difficult thing to do! The 'torso' is the middle of a classic rhino.


 
The cultists are a nice mixture of Dark Vengeance cultists, some old metal models from Necromunda and the like, and bizarre plastic conversions. These are the close combat cultists:


...and these are the shooty cultists:



The cohort of characters: three Sorcerers and a Lord. Here you can see the version of Lord Kellus on foot. I painted the two exactly the same, which was a fun challenge!


The Soulgrinder, with a head from Archaon's mount, Dorghar.


I hope you enjoyed this insight into some of my older modelling endeavours alongside more recent ones! Despite this ad-hoc nature, I think the army blends together well and looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...