Saturday 13 June 2020

What's Black Legion speak for 'dakka'?

Ooh, shiny Black Legion Havocs! This was a satisfying squad to complete. The Black Legion colour scheme is a great one for painting quite quickly but to a decent standard. The key is that the black armour can be done quickly with a black undercoat spray, and then the armour trim is all metallic colours, which usually only require one coat. Therefore the most time consuming part is doing the little details, like hair, skin and accessories. I wouldn't call these my greatest paintjob, but I like that I did them mostly in one evening, while tired from a day of mountain biking, and they still look good! Hehe.

The models are made from a combination of classic CSM parts and models from the Shadowspear box. Essentially, I wanted to try and use up my old CSM parts and extend the life of that collection of parts by mixing them with the newer, bigger models, and I think that worked well.

My Black Legion army grows once more: will it ever stop?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...