Saturday 18 April 2020

Spreading our wings

Today is a great day, for I have reached a milestone with the Wings of Vrayax: I have a functioning army. I have a command squad, a platoon and a valkyrie. 

The army has models from Victoria Miniatures, Bad Squiddo Games, Raging Heroes and of course, Games Workshop. Commander Olenya Heldane is also 3-D printed, thanks to some help from a lovely woman I met in a facebook group.

The colour scheme is based on the colours of the non-binary pride flag, with emphasis on the yellow/gold. Olenya has mostly purple robes to make her stand out, and some of the main characters have cats on their bases. The valkyrie has a base, but it's not pictured, so that I could fit in the frame more easily. 

I am now thinking about what to add next. More infantry? More aircraft? I am tempted to paint up some vehicles I've never owned, like a basilisk, or sentinel, but I have to make sure they fit in with the mostly airborne theme of the army. Not to worry; I have many other projects to be working on!

Enjoy the fledgling force in its full glory:



The platoon command squad all have pink hair to make them stand out from the rest of the platoon. 


The company command squad is not quite finished yet, as I'm waiting for another veteran to arrive in the post. I kitbashed a plasma gun from a skitarii model. 


 One of the infantry squads


The other infantry squad. I plan to add another squad to the platoon, but I'm not sure what kind of squad to add, whether it be infantry, special weapons or heavy weapons.


I also include some pictures of Commander Heldane on her own, as I have recently made her base a little taller, giving her more presence on the battlefield.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...