Saturday 22 August 2020

Iron Snakes squad

After painting a selection of space marine captains from different chapters, and realising I had various random space marine models that had no home, I decided it would be quite nice to paint a squad of five marines to go with each captain. After starting the project, I realised this could be expanded to other factions, and I'm also planning similar little groups for Chaos and possibly other factions. 

The backbone of this squad is the classic second edition monopose marine, and these models are just as cool today as they were when they were released! I really like the missile launcher model in particular. The sergeant is a kitbash of parts from my bitz box.

 


Here they are, with Captain Asmotrus Thamos.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool idea, and a noble decision for those 2nd edition models! Nice freehanding skills in evidence here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice to give a suitable home to old models!

      Delete

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...