Sunday 10 December 2017

Imperial update

Hey readers, I haven't posted in a while (despite working on many models) because my computer was down. But now it's back, and I can post what I have been working on recently. First, I'll post the Imperial models.

I created a Dark Angels rhino with Forge World doors to transport the tactical squad into battle:




 

I wanted to add some scouts to the army. I really wanted some sniper scouts (and I have one already). I was looking around on eBay for some second metal snipers when I came across a sprue of scouts going cheap. I bought them, but it wasn't until I went to build them that I realised they were the scouts from the Landspeeder Storm kit! This was a bit of a problem as these models are meant to crouch and hang onto a landspeeder, not stand up on a base. With some kitbashing using catachan legs, I managed to build five them, adding a metal close combat scout as a sergeant. Now I think I have a very unique looking Dark Angel scout squad!





Next up was the final model from the Dark Vengeance set, Captain Balthasar. Not much to say about this model - you've all seen it! Funnily enough, I ended up painting the cloak the same as in the Codex even though I wasn't looking at the Codex at the time. I wonder if it was in my memory somewhere!


My final Imperial model for the day is a kitbashed Grey Knight Brotherhood Champion. I haven't added to Grey Knights force for a while, and looking through the Codex, I liked the look of a Brotherhood Champion. I picked up parts as time went by, gradually finding things that fitted the look of a BC until I eventually had all the parts. So here he is - Brother Romulus, with storm bolter and force sword.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...