Saturday 24 February 2018

Our number is legion...

Okay, it's not quite a legion yet, but I finally have finished some Necrons! Yes! Imean 'beep'! I have coveted an army of these shiny warriors for a while now, probably since I used them in Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, and finally I can say I have completed some. First up, a mighty leader, carrier of a Staff of Light, leading the warriors of living metal to sew death among the stars...





I've had the metal model for a while (many years, in fact), having bought it second hand, already badly painted, and I just touched it up and put it my display case. But now, I have given this Lord a proper paintjob and a sturdy, minimalist base. They currently have no name, nor a dynasty, but I'll get working on that...

Next is a group of Warriors:








These were also second hand, but I repainted and rebased them. I'm not too bothered about having second hand models, since Necrons aren't the kind of army that demand you convert them. Sixteen warriors here, awakened from their long slumber...

Along with some Immortals. These are by far my favourite Necron models. I love the look of their huge gauss blasters, and the way they represent the character of the Necrons even more strongly than the Warriors, slowly stalking across the landscape, firing precisely but without mercy.




I'm very pleased with the green connecting pipes and the glow of the gauss energy. I have more models on the way -  a monolith, and the contents of a start collecting box - more Warriors, an Overlord and a Triarch Stalker. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...