Saturday 1 December 2018

Expanding the Grey Knights

As another effort to expand my overall Imperial force, I have acquired some bargain metal Grey Knights in power armour and terminator armour. It wasn't easy to paint them in the right silver since it was over ten years ago that I painted my original Grey Knights! I took a good stab at it thought with Ironbreaker as the base colour, and they came out quite well.

First is the terminator squad, who arrived somewhat broken, thank to poor packaging. I managed to repair a couple of them, pinning one of the halberds, but had to purchase a right arm and sword for one of them because his weapon was too difficult to fix. They came out nicely in the end. Note that these models were already painted, so I just touched them up with my own style, such as adding highlights and painting the tabards.




Next up are is a basic strike squad, who have no notable features except the blue right pauldrons - I use coloured right pauldrons to distinguish between squads.




Finally, this squad was painted up as a purifier squad. I decided to do this after painting them as a strike squad and then realising that I could actually have two special weapons in a strike squad... oops... no problem though - add some white helmets and pauldrons and voila, a purifier squad!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...