Saturday 11 May 2019

Master and Commander

Today I post two more Space Marine Captains, to add to my growing collection! Both are old metal models that I acquired recently, and both are models I've lusted after for a while. They hold a special place in my heart as models I coveted as a young hobbyist, so it's great to finally get hold of them after all this time.

The first is Captain Darnath Lysander of the Imperial Fists, resplendent in his yellow terminator armour.




The second is the limited edition Space Marine Captain model, most commonly depicted as a Black Templar, which is how I have painted him. I have converted him to have a power fist instead of a firearm, which gives him an interesting look, I think. I was a bit nervous about doing the white shoulder pad, but I was careful and did nice gradations of grey to white that I think look quite striking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...