Saturday 29 June 2019

The Warmaster arrives

Ooh, this is an exciting post! My Black Legion army is at a point where I feel able to show it off! The key thing is that my new Abaddon model (from Wargame Exclusive) is now finished and ready to lead the forces of Chaos into battle.

This army comprises a range of models that I've painted since my early days of collecting. For example. the terminators are OOP metal models I bought back in about 1998 and first painted red to go with my World Eaters army, then repainted in Black Legion colours, then repainted again and put onto 40mm bases for the modern generation. There are some Seekers of Slaanesh that are the only survivors of an Emperor's Children army that I otherwise sold. Then are more modern creations such as my Chosen (mixing Dark vengeance models with both previous and current "tactical" Chaos Space Marines and other parts, and my huge array of cultists, who are made of Forge World renegades, plastic cultists, Necromunda gangers and many other kits. Converting cultists is a hell of a lot of fun! Oh yeah... almost all of them are converted in some way! There's also a Hell Blade, Forgefiend, and various other models you may recognise from previous blog posts.

This army will definitely be added to... it's the nature of the Black Legion to continue assimilating troops and engines of war, and I have no plans to stop that tradition. For example, I bought the Shadowspear box (there's one model from that box in this picture) and will add some of the models to this army, and I will make more cultists since I have loads of cultist models and parts still in boxes. I'll probably pick up some more interesting models too, like Thousand Sons or that new Chaos Lord on the daemon engine. I mean... I have loads of other things to build and paint, but it's nice to have dreams, ey?




Abaddon the Despoiler


Cultists


Hounds of Abaddon




The Fallen... and some gribbly looking Spawn!


Terminators! Beware!




Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...