Saturday 25 January 2020

Chaos Lord Veneror the Tainted

Ever since I saw the Legion Moritat model on the Forge World website, I knew I loved it. However, being the heretic I am, my first thought was that I could use this model in Heresy-era armour to create a Chaos model in a great pose. 

Combining the Moritat torso and legs with various other parts, I created this vision of a Chaos Lord. Most of my Chaos Lords are very close-combat oriented, so I went with a different feel on Veneror, giving him a combi-melta and a mutated arm, which could count as a power weapon, lightning claw, or something like that.  

The paint job was quite experimental, with a rakarth flesh base and purple wash, highlighted with white. Getting the wash to look right was quite tricky. It required a lot of manipulation with a wet brush to stop it pooling. I got there in the end though. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...