Saturday 1 February 2020

Skaven Verminlord!

I have a little tradition now, it seems. Once a year, I make a pilgramage to Warhammer World, and bring home with me one interesting large model to build and paint. First it was an Imperial Knight, and last time it was this Verminlord. There was a beautiful example in the Age of Sigmar exhibition hall, and I decided to give the model a go myself. 

There are lots of interesting things on this model. There are various textures, such as skin/hair/armour/metal and so on, and the colours i used are not ones I had used a lot in the past. I gave the metal a purple wash and mixed a bluey green for the armour. The tail was a pain too, since I had to highlight each individual ridge!

I took my time with it, leaving it for periods while working on other, easier models, before coming back to this when I fancied it. I repainted the skin at one point as the original skin was not smooth enough in terms of colour blend.

It came out well in the end, and now it can go and live in my display cabinet!





This super-freaky fellow is a Chaos Spawn, made from one of the Greater Possessed in the Shadowspear box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...