Saturday 16 January 2021

Deadly assassin

Wow, it's been quite a while since I last posted! Sorry about that. I often have emotional problems in winter and find it hard to keep my hobbies going. I do also sometimes have periods where Warhammer doesn't interest me much and I tend to put it aside until the desire comes back. 

But come back it has, and I have once again started building and painting. There is a difficult period here, because I'm a little rusty after such a break, and it takes a while to get used to painting again. The first model to be completed is this wonderful model by Artel W, and she will be an assassin in my Minotaurs army. Artel W have made a really nice model here. I love the pose, I love her hair, and i love the way her belt hangs low on one hip, like a Wild West gunslinger!

Her name was chosen by my girlfriend, who thought the poisoned gauntlet was reminiscent of a scorpion, and therefore suggested Chelicerata, which is the name for a group of animals that includes, among others: scorpions, spiders and horsehoe crabs.






Here she is alongside two Minotaurs marines, so you can see that she fits in well, having her own look, but with red and a little bronze to tie her to the rest of the army. 

 


Note that you can click/tap on the images to see a bigger version.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...