Saturday 6 March 2021

Bronze means first (company)

I'm pleased to say I have managed to finish a few more Minotaurs! This is a command squad, led by Sergeant Argaeus. Each model is an intricate conversion, including adding a little plasticard to most of them, below the torso, to make them a little taller. 

I tried to go for interesting and poses to create an squad with some dynamism, and I focused on making them look good rather than equipping them with effective wargear. 

The banner is sculpted from green stuff, and the image was printed onto white waterslide transfer paper, so no, I didn't paint it! Creating banners this way is something I will pursue further, since I'm not skilled enough to paint tiny images onto them.

The most satisfying model is Argaeus, as the arms required a lot of cutting to get them into this pose! I think I upped my game a little with the blade of the power weapon, too. 

I'm so pleased with the squad that I decided to take the ideas forward and work on some Honour Guard, so I've been sorting out some parts to make that happen. I'm also building a Vanguard Veteran squad, although I'm sweating over those a bit because they're not quite looking how I imagined. Some of them might get dismantled and rebuilt...

Here's a squad shot of Command Squad Argaeus:

Here are some individual shots:






 Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...