Saturday 25 September 2021

Guarding the Stern

Sternguard! They guard the stern... of the... boat... that is the Imperium! 

These folks will be the heavy weapons department of my first company of Minotaurs. I already have one sternguad squad with lighter weaponry, and will be making a third squad, who will carry two lascannons. 

I managed to improve my photography a bit here, moving the lightbox around the room to get better natural light, and my goodness, it makes a difference!

Something new I tried was using some different skin tones on the bare-headed model and so she has a very pale complexion. I've always thought that I would expect (white) space marines to have quite pale skin, as a result of the physical changes they go through to become space marines, their age, and the fact that they spend a lot of time inside space ships and inside suits of armour. Maybe this marine has removed her helmet to try and get a bit of vitamin D in her system! I do like painting varied skin tones though - it's a bit boring to paint the same thing all the time, especially when their armour is always the same!

I really like this squad. It's got a lot of character, and the green glowing parts look good. I'm pleased with the poses (something I have struggled with), and the sergeant in particular looks dynamic. 

Overall, a pleasing result! The Minotaurs are coming along nicely now. I am working on a vehicle this week, so hopefully I can post that soon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...