Saturday 27 January 2018

Brief insurgency of Chaos

Time for a brief update of what I've been up to lately! I have a lot of stuff on my desk, but I'll try and post them as they get completed.

First is Helbrute Purigax (many thanks to fantasynamegenerators.com for the endless supply of names!). This is just the basic Dark Vengeance Helbrute without conversion. I just wanted to paint this model up as it is a lovely model, and sometimes models don't really need any conversion to look good. I told myself this would be the last DV Helbrute I'd paint (having done two in the past, both converted), but then my friend went and gave me most of a Dark Vengeance box yesterday, so looks like I'll be doing another!








The second unit to show you today is a heavy support squad for the Bohemar Infantry. I combined the Imperial Guard heavy support squad, using three lascannons, combined with the head/torso kit from Forge World. I think they look rather cool! Part of me is itching at the thought that one more team would mean there are eight cultists in the squad. Considering all other squads have eight, it would make sense! I'll probably do it, if I can find a single heavy weapon team somewhere - I'm not buying another box just to make one team!
I'm not really happy with the lascannon coils - I tried to do a red glow, but I don't think it came out right. I might have to practice that! Anyway, I hope you like them. 


And yes, one of them is about to blow a horn. As if anyone will hear them over the din of battle...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...