Sunday 11 February 2018

Dark Angels up to scratch

This is the latest addition to my Dark Angels force - a command squad. Command squads and other elite, customisable units, are my favourite thing to build, because their options mean you can really create whatever you like. This squad therefore have a mixture of Dark Angel, Blood Angel and other parts to create something that hopefully has a lot of dynamism.I particularly like the posing of most of the models. It's not easy to get that right, actually, when you are mixing and matching parts from various models. I usually cut and rotate arm portions to get the poses right. It's quite easy to do that with plastic models and a sharp knife. 

This squad was also the first in which I used my new magnifier. This goes over my head and has magnifying lenses in front of my face. This just makes it a little easier to paint details and to be neat. I think the neatness on these is a step up from many of my previous infantry. I say infantry, because comparing infantry to monsters or vehicles is not a fair comparison, since I paint them in different ways.

I'll be painting some more Dark Angels soon, since my friend Steve just gave me a box of models, including many Dark Vengeance models, and I plan to add these to the force. However, I have many other models to paint before that!










More soon, and here's a sneak peak of something coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...