Saturday 30 May 2020

Chaplain kitbash

This is a model I'm quite proud of! This is Thyrsis, Chaplain of the Minotaurs. He's a nice kitbash, with legs from a plastic Grey Knight terminator, left arm from a metal Grey Knight terminator and a torso from a Blood Angel terminator. The end of the crozius arcanum is actually a part from a very old metal Chaplain... not even sure what model, because it was just laying in my bitz box!

The key part of the model is the skull helm, which is meant to represent a minotaur. I thought it would be a nice change from the typical human skull helm and make the model unique. Of course I was worried it would look weird, but it worked well!  Thyrsis can now proudly join the ranks of my Minotaurs First Company force.




...and here is that force, as it currently stands! There is a Captain and Chaplain to lead them into battle, and a Knight of House Taranis as support. The main force currently comprises a Land Raider, Predator, Terminator squad and a Sternguard Veteran squad. Coming soon are a Terminator Assault squad, a Command Squad, a Land Raider Crusader and a Stormhawk Interceptor aircraft. All of these have been built and are at the painting stage. Obviously it'll be a while until they're all done. I'm not a slow painter: I'm a hobby butterfly, and paint a bit of this, a bit of that from day to day and week to week. Right now I have some Chaos Havocs, a Custodes Dreadnought and a Primaris Psyker on my table, so you can see the variety! I quite enjoy moving from faction to faction, so I don't get bored of painting the same colour over and over. I guess this also means you, dear reader, have no idea what's coming next week! Until then, bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...