Sunday 6 March 2022

Very Quick Death from the Skies

As they say, an army is never actually finished. Thus it is with my Necrons. I came across this Doomscythe on eBay and being built but unpainted and rather cheap, I decided it was a bargain that would really add something to my Necron army. Up to this point, it had no aerial firepower, so a Doomscythe would be useful. Little was I to know that a week later, I'd come across a rare copy of Stormcloud Attack in the local game store and I'd end up with two Doomscythes! I haven't built the second one yet. That box also came with a T'au aircraft, which I'll build first, so I'll have the two aircraft built for the game (this one here being the second). I'll either build the second Doomscythe or sell it, depending on how I feel about painting a second one. To be honest, it was quite hard to paint. It had a lot of highlights of long, straight edges, and I find that difficult. Still, the model is done now and it looks lovely. 

I experimented with a different colour background for my image today. What do you think? Does it complement the model well?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leviathan Dreadnought

Today's mini is a humble Leviathan Dreadnought. This is one of the Forge World ones, which I bought just before the plastic one came out...